Monday, July 20, 2009

What does Dale do in California?




The question I hear often is what does Dale do while you're working in California? (usually right after they assume he is also a nurse). Well he keeps busy - reading, walking, packing groceries with the Rotary, walking, picking up trash, walking. When there's a Habitat for Humanity in progress he also volunteers with them. I think Dale walks between 8 and 10 miles a day. Tomorrow - he'll pick up trash on Linden street, pack groceries, walk about 3 miles with a group from church, and be home by 930 AM, then he and I will take our "big walk" which is about 5 miles. Later I'll go to work and he'll pickup trash from the beach. During the fall and winter months he sings in the choir at church (almost forgot that one). When I'm not working I join him on the beach for the evening trash pick up.





1 comment:

Bug Eric said...

Sounds like you're both keeping busy! Happy Birthday, a day late, Dale. Hope your card reached you on time.
Lynn and Helen